members to get
GFX medals and
win prizes

Read rules

How to...
Forum features
Artie
Hi,
my name is Artie. We are brand new GFX forum with a great start.
Newbies, we will try to improve your graphic skills. Join us!

GFX of the month
Fantasy Photomanipulation by Allex

Photomanipulation practice, what you think?

Show us your digital artworks here.

Moderator: Mish-A-Man

Photomanipulation practice, what you think?

Postby Roberto V. » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:56 pm

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/2639/teta1copy.jpg

Well, what you think about shadows, lights and position of this lady? What will you add if you're on my place?
Roberto V.
Progress to next rank:
40%

Thumbs given: 0 time
Thumbs up: 8 times

Re: Photomanipulation practice, what you think?

Postby Mish-A-Man » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:13 am

I have a lot of suggestions on this one, but if I miss something forgive me :) I will try to be clear:
- first, searching for a good resources could be really helpful, in this work you used low quality sky image, use more time to search for a good and quality photos, if you're not much experienced with photo-manipulation good photo will additionally improve your work;
- position, desert or mud is becoming bigger in front plan which makes model smaller - you need to move the model up. I think her head need to be near or little over the water, don't know exactly, you have to experiment with that;
- her shadow under her is too big, also shadow behind is too long. Light is falling on her from left to right, but on sky it seems like right to left. Anyway, that happens, you can't always determine source of light on images, that's why images with neutral lights and shadows are the best for photo-manipulation... again, it's saving your time
- now, whole work seems like you're duplicated layers and and made layers mode to hard light

anyway, if you need some tips in Photoshop don't hesitate to ask ;) keep practicing, that's the only way of becoming good in something

hope this will help you a little for your future works
Mish-A-Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Medals: 9
Thumbs given: 256 times
Thumbs up: 247 times

Postby Roberto V. » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:55 am

I understand I took "Big Shot" of manipulation at the moment.
I'm begginer in photomanipulation and I'm trying to do something simple but this is kinda hard because of lot of light sources, etc.
Can you give me some web pages with photomanipulation resources in high quality, Thanks.
I have to start with something easier.
Roberto V.
Progress to next rank:
40%

Postby Mish-A-Man » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:09 am

I agree with you. That's why I suggested that you start with more quality photos. Free and quality resources you can find here: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=49 (skip 2. and 3. they are sites for a renders)

On deviantart (http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/) I will suggest you to search for a 'premade backgrounds' - this will make your manipulations easier for a start (not all of them are good but you will make a choice depending on your inspiration. This is one of my favorite models: http://faestock.deviantart.com/ - photos are really in good quality and you can use it, just provide every author of an photo with credits, you can see how I've done it in my topics, last one is here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2728 - respect authors of the photos, credit them and you will not have a problem of using any stock photo Also, remember this: if you have a patience you can do everything.
Now let's see your next works and I will give you some tips which can help you to improve your technique ;)
Mish-A-Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Medals: 9
Thumbs given: 256 times
Thumbs up: 247 times

Postby Roberto V. » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:16 pm

Thank you, I'll try to do something more simple that this.
Roberto V.
Progress to next rank:
40%

Postby Roberto V. » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:50 pm

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2735

Here it is, I made something new and more simple.
Roberto V.
Progress to next rank:
40%

Return to Digital Art / Digitalna umetnost