members to get
GFX medals and
win prizes

Read rules

How to...
Forum features
Artie
Hi,
my name is Artie. We are brand new GFX forum with a great start.
Newbies, we will try to improve your graphic skills. Join us!

GFX of the month
Fantasy Photomanipulation by Allex

Familiar Voices

Show us your digital artworks here.

Moderator: Mish-A-Man

Familiar Voices

Postby DILA » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:31 am

I originally wanted phonograph like horns sticking out of his ears, but the manip didn't look right, so I settled for having two phonographs in front of him.
DILA
Progress to next rank:
8%

Thumbs given: 0 time
Thumbs up: 0 time

Re: Familiar Voices

Postby Mish-A-Man » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:25 pm

I can imagine what you wanted to achieve, but you also need a little drawing skills to make horns sticking out of his ears... but, if you know how to make shapes in a way you want something to be than it's possible. In PS if you hold ALT between two layers and click with left mouse button you can simply put one layer into another, with this options I told you, you can make shapes of any object in any way you desire... but it's only a question how much do you know to use shapes?
anyway, there's still a small mistake on your work... when you're flipping these phonographs, you forget about flipping letters, my suggestion is that you cut a part with letters from the left side phonograph and use that part with transforming option PERSPECTIVE or DISTORT on the right phonograph...
Also, one idea came to me... you can try to make some visual effects of the sound, try to experiment with smokes coming from these horns or something like that ;)
Mish-A-Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Medals: 9
Thumbs given: 256 times
Thumbs up: 247 times

Re: Familiar Voices

Postby Allex » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:33 pm

Misha said it all. I can just say that candles look bit odd, maybe if you'd go with open flames you would find it more suitable. I can't warp my mind around the idea nor concept, so I can't really say anything about that. but the overall work looks good :)
-obviously the only rational solution to your problem is suicide -
Allex
Super Artist
Super Artist
Progress to next rank:
23%

Medals: 7
Thumbs given: 11 times
Thumbs up: 89 times

Return to Digital Art / Digitalna umetnost