Thanks a lot for comment
Of course, it's not a problem to explain you how I do it. First, I have to say that I started to use Topaz Filters in the last three months, because they are speeding up the whole process of Photoshop editing and gives you a very good effects... of course, still you have to control all effects that you're doing... so here is what I've done:
- duplicate main layer with a player and do a desaturation, to make it black and white
- then I've used a topaz clean 3 filter which gives a fine effects (depending of the picture size you will change settings, mine was 2200 px wide in original, so I used 'crisp')
- next step is to delete some parts of this effect, I use mask on a layer and a brush (black color deletes a part of a layer on which are you point and click, here I used 20% of black, and on some parts of a player I was several times over with brush. This brings up a right face and knee in color
- still isn't over... I used white brush to draw some lines over hims nose, face, hair etc. in a new layer, then I use smudge tool on this white layer to improve the edges.
- all splatter around the main layer I have drawn
- still isn't over... the final touch is also topaz filter but, as I said you have to control this with opacity... I used Topaz adjust 4 (settings are 'dramatic')
- then I played with color balance and set this layer to 'Overlay' mode with 80% opacity...
that is all