members to get
GFX medals and
win prizes

Read rules

How to...
Forum features
Artie
Hi,
my name is Artie. We are brand new GFX forum with a great start.
Newbies, we will try to improve your graphic skills. Join us!

GFX of the month
Fantasy Photomanipulation by Allex

my derrick rose wallpaper!

New to Photoshop? You can post your works here

Moderator: Mish-A-Man

my derrick rose wallpaper!

Postby alexwarlo » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:10 pm

hi everyone this is my first nba wallpaper! what can you say? please tell me what's wrong and correct:) sorry for my bad english!

http://alexwarlo.deviantart.com/#/d4v2ugf
Rating:20%
alexwarlo
Progress to next rank:
12%

Thumbs given: 0 time
Thumbs up: 1 time

Re: my derrick rose wallpaper!

Postby Pimp017 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:19 pm

i like it...
Pimp017

Medals: 2
Thumbs given: 5 times
Thumbs up: 23 times

Postby alexwarlo » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:29 am

tnx:)
alexwarlo
Progress to next rank:
12%

Thumbs given: 0 time
Thumbs up: 1 time

Postby Mish-A-Man » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:44 pm

On this wallpaper you have a really good concept, actually wallpaper looks really good in this small resolution... but I went to your DA page to see bigger image and get the conclusion that you have a trouble with the quality in high resolution.

Ok, here is the basic stuff (maybe some of the options you already know):
- using of layer mask can bring to you more control on effects you use... for example, your player image have strange colors in some parts of the body... to neutralize the color, first Duplicate the layer and then do desaturation (hue/saturation option, put saturation arrow to the left). Then make layer mask on newly created layer. If you know that with using black color in Layer Mask you can delete certain parts of that layer, and white brings that layer back again, then it is logical what you need to do. Try to use Brush tool (use soft brush) with black color and try to 'paint' on layer mask. How Layer mask works check out here: http://www.wpgallery.com/eng/goodies/tricks/mask.php - explanation is with using Gradient tool on mask but try it with Brush tool... have in mind that if you use 30% of black in layer mask, that part of a layer will be 30% transparent ;) what Layer Mask brings? More control of filters, effects, layer control
- finding a high quality renders or photos can make your life easier (you always use low quality photos). In other hand, if your photos are quality then you're changing size several times and it looses quality, or you're saving with low quality jpg settings.
- anyway, if you're want to improve image quality (and I see that you can't wait to do it :) ) then remember, patience is everything. you can find several solutions... to manually achieve photo-retouching, or to find a good filters like TOPAZ filters are (which you still have to control) / for photo-retouching you need lots of practice and it really really helps if you have TABLET (graphic table)

one thing have in mind, you have a good potential and nice ideas, so keep practice, learn from suggestions and I think believe you can make quality of your works on higher level ;)
Mish-A-Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Medals: 9
Thumbs given: 256 times
Thumbs up: 245 times

Postby alexwarlo » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:46 am

wow, thank you for the wonderful advice! i will follow all this
alexwarlo
Progress to next rank:
12%